Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
Conditions We Assess/Treat
All children and youth with any nutritional concerns are welcome at Boomerang Health. The following is a list of areas that may be targeted for assessment/treatment by a Registered Dietitian (RD).
- Picky eating: Providing strategies to parents of picky eaters and children/adolescents with growth/nutritional concerns due to picky eating
- Food allergies: Children/adolescents with a diagnosed allergy to one or more foods
- Eating disorders: Children/adolescents suffering from Anorexia Nervosa (anorexia), Bulimia Nervosa (bulimia) or Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified
- Obesity: Children/adolescents with weight management issues
- Growth concerns: Children/adolescents with poor or slow weight gain
- Behavioural issues around eating/feeding: Children who will only eat in front of the TV/computer or who need some sort of distraction in order to get them to eat
At Boomerang Health our RD works with the child/adolescent and their family in order to create realistic goals and plans. We strive to create common objectives with our clients and work with them and their families so that they can understand how they can meet these objectives. Our clinicians will collaborate with other disciplines when appropriate to ensure the most comprehensive care is provided.
Nutritional Counseling, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Psychology and Speech-Language Pathology services are not covered by OHIP, but may be covered under your extended health insurance benefits. Check with your insurance provider for details. Appointments with the Sports Medicine Physician are covered by OHIP.
Initial Assessment Including Care Plan (60 minutes) – $150.00
Consultation/Follow-up Sessions (30 minutes) – $75.00