Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
Groups & Workshops
- Caregiver and Baby Workshop
- Supporting Families in Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD): Caregiver Information Session
- Caregiver Workshop: Managing Selective Eating Habits
- Caregiver Workshop: Underweight & Restrictive Eating
- Customize Your Own
- Challenges with Attention, Impulsivity & Hyperactivity Workshop
- CBT for Anxiety Group Therapy – IN PERSON
- Caregiver Workshop: Parenting & Managing Emotions – VIRTUAL
- Conversation Clubs™: Social Pragmatic Group Therapy
- Find Your Fit™: Physical Fitness Group Therapy – In Person
- Fluency Group Therapy: Stuttering Support – VIRTUAL
- Fun With Food™: Play Based Feeding Group Therapy
- Ready to Read: Reading Readiness Group Therapy
- Social Butterflies™ Group Therapy
- Social Skills & Self-Regulation Group Therapy
- Write On™: Handwriting Group Therapy
CBT for Anxiety Group Therapy – IN PERSON
Is your child/teen experiencing difficulties managing worried thoughts and feelings? Is it starting to get in the way of school, home or friendships?
Treatment group for children and teenagers who experience issues with worried thoughts and feelings. This evidence-based group utilizes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), which is a proven and effective treatment for anxiety.
Sessions will focus on helping children/teenagers and parents understand anxiety symptoms, providing effective coping strategies, and teaching clients how to implement these strategies. Children will learn how to gradually increase their exposure to anxiety provoking situations and parents will learn how to encourage and support their children through these experiences.
This group is facilitated by a Registered Social Worker.
Goals of the group include:
- Recognizing the symptoms of anxiety
- Learning alternate patterns of thinking/feeling
- Relaxation techniques and exposure exercises
- Helping parents recognize and validate anxious feelings, while developing strategies to encourage coping behaviours
Program Includes: 7 parent-child sessions; 30-minute intake appointment prior to the group starting; 30-minute feedback appointment after completion of the group
|Mondays: October 16-November 27, 2023||5:30-6:30 p.m.||$190 CAD for the intake & feedback appointments, $630 CAD per family for the 7 week group sessions + $50 CAD for the group manual||Grades 3-6||Limited Spaces Available|
|Mondays: October 16-November 27, 2023||7:00-8:00 p.m.||$190 CAD for the intake & feedback appointments, $630 CAD per family for the 7 week group sessions + $50 CAD for the group manual||Grades 7-9||Limited Spaces Available|