Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
Groups & Workshops
- Workshop: Customize Your Own
- CBT for Anxiety Group – VIRTUAL
- Caregiver Workshop: Parenting & Managing Emotions – VIRTUAL
- Caregiver-Mediated Early Years Program: Project ImPACT
- Conversation Clubs™: Social Pragmatic Groups – VIRTUAL
- Find Your Fit™: Physical Fitness Group – VIRTUAL
- Fluency Group: Stuttering Support – VIRTUAL
- Fun With Food™: Play Based Feeding Group
- Ready to Read: Reading Readiness Group
- Social Butterflies™: Junior Social Skills Group – VIRTUAL
- Social Skills & Self-Regulation Groups – VIRTUAL
- Write On™: Handwriting Group
CBT for Anxiety Group – VIRTUAL
Is your child/teen experiencing difficulties managing worried thoughts and feelings? Is it starting to get in the way of school, home or friendships?
Treatment group for children and teenagers who experience issues with worried thoughts and feelings. This evidence-based group utilizes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), which is a proven and effective treatment for anxiety.
Sessions will focus on helping children/teenagers and parents understand anxiety symptoms, providing effective coping strategies, and teaching clients how to implement these strategies. Children will learn how to gradually increase their exposure to anxiety provoking situations and parents will learn how to encourage and support their children through these experiences.
This group is designed and facilitated by a Registered Psychologist.
Goals of the group include:
- Recognizing the symptoms of anxiety
- Learning alternate patterns of thinking/feeling
- Relaxation techniques and exposure exercises
- Helping parents recognize and validate anxious feelings, while developing strategies to encourage coping behaviours
Program Includes: 7 parent-child sessions; 30-minute intake appointment prior to the group starting; 30-minute feedback appointment after completion of the group
Fall Sessions - VIRTUAL
|Tuesdays: September 28th-November 6th||6:00-7:00 PM||$235 for the intake & feedback appointments, $770 per family for the group sessions + $50 for the group manual||Grades 3-6||Limited Spaces Available|
|Tuesdays: September 28th-November 6th||7:00-8:00 PM||$235 for the intake & feedback appointments, $770 per family for the group sessions + $50 for the group manual||Grades 9-12||Limited Spaces Available|