Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
- AMAdolescent Medicine
- BBDBladder & Bowel Dysfunction
- PBrain & Mental Health
- EDCEating Disorders Clinic
- FSFrench Services
- GCPGeneral & Consulting Paediatrics
- HCHeadache Clinic
- HSHearing Screenings
- MMMusculoskeletal Medicine
- OTOccupational Therapy
- SLPSpeech-Language Pathology
- SMSports & Musculoskeletal Medicine
Click here to meet our Massage Therapy team.
What is Massage Therapy?
At Boomerang Health we offer massage therapy for infants, children and adolescents. Massage therapy is a manual treatment known to reduce or eliminate pain and discomfort associated with many types of orthopaedic and sports-related injuries, both acute and chronic. Treatments can produce positive psycho-emotional outcomes, as well as effecting positive changes neurologically. Massage therapy can be used in conjunction with physiotherapy and other services at Boomerang Health.
Conditions We Assess/Treat:
All Orthopaedic Injuries/Ailments:
- Muscle, Ligament and Tendon Tears
- Ligament Sprains
- Joint Stiffness and Pain
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Neck, Mid and Low Back Injuries and Conditions
- Posture and Ergonomic-related Impairments
- Pre and Post Surgery
- Post-Fracture Healing
- Sports and Recreation Injuries
- Scar Tissue Healing
- Temporal Mandibular Joint (TMJ) conditions and pain
Neurological, Congenital and Developmental Conditions/Delays:
- De-conditioning From Prolonged Illness or Hospitalization
- Musculoskeletal Side Effects from Developmental Delays
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Cerebral Palsy
- Mood Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disturbances
- Respiratory Conditions
- Side Effects and Symptoms Associated with Cancer
Multidisciplinary approach – practitioners work as a team with each family to create a treatment journey that fits into their lifestyle, builds trust and helps achieve shared outcomes.
Includes the assessment, education and initial treatment) – $100.00
The massage therapist will then provide a recommendation regarding session length for subsequent visits.
- 60 minutes – $100.00
- 45 minutes – $80.00
- 30 minutes – $65.00
**Massage therapy is subject to HST. An additional 13% will be applied to the prices listed above.
For more information related to Massage Therapy, visit the following pages on AboutKidsHealth, SickKids’ trusted health education website for children, youth, and their caregivers: