Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
What is Speech-Language Pathology?
Speech-language pathology, also known as speech therapy, focuses on the prevention, identification, evaluation, and treatment of speech, language, voice, feeding and swallowing disorders in children and adolescents.
Conditions We Assess/Treat
All children and youth, whether or not they have an identified condition, are welcome at Boomerang Health. The following is a specific list of areas that may be targeted for assessment/treatment by a speech-language pathologist (SLP).
- Language: Ability to understand spoken and written language, convey ideas verbally and in writing, and communicate in social situations
- Speech/Phonology: Articulation (pronunciation) and/or motor speech disorders (coordination and motor control for speech)
- Social Communication: Ability to use language and social interaction skills appropriately
- Cognitive Communication: Reasoning, problem solving, memory, and organization skills required to communicate effectively
- Augmentative Communication: Low and high tech devices to communicate when verbal means is ineffective
- Fluency: To improve stuttering
- Voice: To improve vocal quality (e.g. reduce hoarseness)
At Boomerang Health our SLP treatment approach focuses on using current, evidence-based practice to build communication skills in a fun and naturalistic setting. Whenever possible, we utilize a play based approach that maximizes engagement, participation and learning and supports generalization of skills to non-therapy contexts. Practitioners work as a team with each family to create a treatment journey that fits into their lifestyle, builds trust and helps achieve shared outcomes. Our clinicians will collaborate with other disciplines, when appropriate, to ensure the most comprehensive care is provided.
The speech-language pathology program at Boomerang Health offers assessment, treatment and consultation with a registered SLP. We offer a range of individual or group interventions and would be happy work with you to develop a service plan that fits your needs. Some specialized programming includes;
- Individual or group language intervention
- Individual or group speech/phonology intervention
- Early language parent/tot program
- Social skills group
- Multidisciplinary assessment
- Summer camp program
Rehabilitation services, including speech-language pathology, are not covered by OHIP, but may be covered under your extended health insurance benefits. Check with your insurance provider for details. Appointments with our physicians are covered by OHIP.
Initial Assessment (Includes Summary Report): $190.00
Consultation/Treatment Session: $135.00/45 minutes