Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
News & Events
Last Updated: Thursday, March 26th, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
Boomerang Health has been consistently and closely monitoring the ongoing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and taking necessary precautions to protect everyone’s health and safety.
On March 17th, the government of Ontario called a State of Emergency for our province, and continued to support essential services being open to the public. As such, and based on the guidance from the Ministry of Health and SickKids, we have put contingency plans in place to ensure we keep our patients, families and staff safe and healthy.
Rehabilitation Services Update
Due to the current public health emergency, and the advisory to refrain from providing non-essential services, as of Wednesday, March 18th, 2020, we converted all of our rehabilitation services to VIRTUAL ENCOUNTERS, where possible. This is to ensure that all of our patients, families and staff remain safe and healthy, and that we do our part in managing this pandemic.
All in-clinic rehabilitation services have been cancelled, or will proceed virtually. You should have already heard from someone on our team to assist with virtual bookings or re-scheduling appointments to a later date.
Physician Services (Primary Care & Specialists) Update
As our medical primary care services are considered essential, we will continue offering in-clinic services to those who pass our screening protocol, and encourage VIRTUAL ENCOUNTERS as much as possible for all applicable specialist and primary care appointments.
All medical services remain open at the present time.
Please note that we have reduced our hours of operation and are only open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Clinic Precautionary Measures
- Comprehensive screening process
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing schedule to the entire clinic
- Limiting number of visitors to the clinic by only permitting one caregiver (no siblings) to accompany children to their appointments
- Providing virtual care, when possible
Comprehensive Screening Process
- Phone Pre-Screening: Our staff will be asking questions about health and travel related history.
- Screening Prior to Entering the Clinic Doors: All individuals will be screened prior to entering the clinic.
- Screening at Reception Desk: Once in the clinic, our reception team may re-screen all individuals.
- Screening During Visits: Our staff will continue to monitor the health status of all individuals while in the clinic. If a change occurs, our screening protocol will be re-initiated.
- Have you, your child, or anyone in your household been experiencing fever or respiratory or flu-like symptoms within the past 14 days?
- Have you, your child, anyone in your household, or any sick person you have been in contact with travelled to another country within the past 14 days?
- Have you, your child, anyone in your household, or any sick person you have been in contact with had close contact with anyone with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19?
Please check out our social media pages (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn) to see our #StayHomeStayBusy campaign. Members of our rehabilitation team will be sharing daily activity ideas that can be completed using readily available household items.
If you have any questions related to you child’s health, please visit AboutKidsHealth, SickKids’ trusted health education website for children, youth, and their caregivers.
These are truly uncharted times and we’re learning right alongside you as we navigate this situation together. We are proud of the informed and swift decisions we are making. Rest assured that will always do what’s in the best interest of our Boomerang Health community – everyone’s health and safety is our top priority.
Please continue to check this page for updates.