Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
News & Events
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 12, 2021
Boomerang Health continues to monitor the ongoing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and is taking necessary precautions to protect everyone’s health and safety.
In March, the provincial government declared a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. At that time, and based on the guidance from the Ministry of Health and SickKids, we put contingency plans in place to ensure that we kept our patients, families, and staff safe and healthy. All of our rehabilitation services, and the majority of our physician services, switched over to virtual care. We also significantly reduced the number of individuals in our clinic to adhere to physical distancing guidelines, all while remaining operational and continuing to provide comprehensive care.
In May, the province of Ontario announced directives regarding its re-opening strategy, and authorized the restart to deferred, non-essential, and elective services. Since that time we have continued to offer virtual services, and have also resumed some in-person appointments. As a result, we updated our clinic policies and procedures and have taken extensive measures to ensure that our clinic is a safe space that adheres to all mandated infection control and prevention standards.
On January 12, 2021, it was announced that all of Ontario would be entering a second Provincial Emergency on January 14, 2021. Due to the essential nature of our services, our clinic operations are not impacted. We remain open and will continue to adhere to the COVID-19 protocols and procedures, as listed below.
Rehabilitation Services Update
Our Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Therapy, Massage Therapy, and Psychology (limited to psycho-educational and developmental assessments) departments are now offering some in-person sessions. Psychology treatment, Social Work, and Nutrition services are remaining exclusively virtual. In order to meet current infection control and prevention standards, and ongoing requirements for physical distancing, we are limiting the number of people in the clinic and continuing with virtual services wherever possible. All initial assessments and appointments will be conducted virtually, and once completed, an informed decision regarding the need for in-person sessions will be made by the clinician. This is in line with the current recommendations by our clinicians’ regulatory bodies that continue to encourage providing services virtually until further notice.
Physician Services (Primary Care & Specialists) Update
Our physician services are being offered virtually and in-clinic. We remain open for some in-clinic primary care appointments, including well baby check-ups, vaccinations, and virtually pre-assessed sick visits. Kindly note that we currently are unable to stock the grade 7 and 8 school vaccinations (Menactra, HepB, Gardasil). You may contact your local public health department for any upcoming vaccination clinics. Please call the clinic at (905) 553-3155 ext. 300 to book an appointment.
Important Note: During this gradual increase in our services, we expect higher volumes of phone calls and kindly ask you to leave a voicemail when calling the clinic. If the nature of the appointment is not urgent, families can expect to hear from us within 1-2 business days.
Clinic Precautionary Measures and Policies
- Screening: All individuals scheduled to visit the clinic will be pre-screened on the phone and screened again prior to entering the clinic. Our staff will continue to monitor the health status of all individuals while in the clinic. If a change occurs, our screening protocols will be re-initiated.
- Physical Distancing: A minimum of 2 metres is required between all individuals, and signs have been added to the floor to assist with adherence. Reception area seating is now limited and spaced out, and glass barriers have been added to both reception desks.
- Limiting Visitors to the Clinic: Only one caregiver (no siblings) is permitted to accompany children up to 12 years old to their appointments. Children 13 years and older are encouraged to be dropped off at the clinic.
- Implementing Staggered Appointment Start/End Times: As a way to limit traffic in the clinic and promote physical distancing, we will stagger appointment start and end times.
- Adhering to Infection Control and Prevention: All visitors to the clinic (with the exception of children under 2 years of age) are required to wear a mask. Clinic staff will also wear masks at all times. Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. gloves, goggles, face shields, gowns) may be worn by clinic staff depending on the nature of the appointment. In addition, multiple hand washing and sanitization stations continue to be available throughout the clinic.
- Cleaning/Sanitizing: An increased cleaning and sanitizing schedule is prepared in accordance with Ministry standards. We have removed items that cannot be properly disinfected including reception area iPads, water coolers, and magazines.
If you have any questions related to you child’s health, please visit AboutKidsHealth, SickKids’ trusted health education website for children, youth, and their caregivers. Their COVID-19 Learning Hub has some excellent information.
These are truly uncharted times and we’re learning right alongside you as we navigate this situation together. We are proud of the informed and swift decisions we are making. Rest assured that we’ll always do what’s in the best interest of our Boomerang Health community – everyone’s health and safety is our top priority.
Please continue to check this page for updates.