Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
Groups & Workshops
- Workshop: Customize Your Own
- CBT for Anxiety Group
- Conversation Clubs™: Social Pragmatic Groups
- Find Your Fit™: Physical Fitness Group
- Fun With Food™: Play Based Feeding Group
- Parent Workshop: Parenting & Managing Emotions
- Ready to Read: Reading Readiness Group
- Social Butterflies™: Junior Social Skills Group
- Social Skills & Self-Regulation Groups
- Superb Siblings™: Sibling Support Group
- Write On™: Handwriting Group
CBT for Anxiety Group
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, group registration will be put on hold. As of now, the dates remain the same, and we hope to be able to proceed as scheduled.
Is your child experiencing difficulties managing worried thoughts and feelings? Is it starting to get in the way of school, home or friendships?
Treatment group for children who experience issues with worried thoughts and feelings. This evidence-based group utilizes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), which is a proven and effective treatment for anxiety.
Sessions will focus on helping children and parents understand anxiety symptoms, providing effective coping strategies, and teaching clients how to implement these strategies. Children will learn how to gradually increase their exposure to anxiety provoking situations and parents will learn how to encourage and support their children through these experiences.
This group is designed and facilitated by a Registered Psychologist.
Goals of the group include:
- Recognizing the symptoms of anxiety
- Learning alternate patterns of thinking/feeling
- Relaxation techniques and exposure exercises
- Helping parents recognize and validate anxious feelings, while developing strategies to encourage coping behaviours
Program Includes: 7 parent-child sessions; 30-minute intake appointment prior to the group starting; 30-minute feedback appointment after completion of the group
|Mondays: April 13th-June 1st||5:30-6:30 PM||$225 for the intake & feedback appointments, $742 per family for the group sessions + $40 for the group manual||8-12||On Hold|