Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
- BBDBladder and Bowel Dysfunction
- FSFrench Services
- GCPGeneral & Consulting Paediatrics
- HSHearing Screenings
- HCHeadache Clinic
- MTMassage Therapy
- NPNeurodevelopmental Physiotherapy
- OTOccupational Therapy
- OSPOrthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy
- SWSocial Work
- SLPSpeech-Language Pathology
Registered Practical Nurse Job Opportunity
We are seeking part-time energetic Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) to join our team and provide nursing support to the busy general paediatricians and specialists in our growing, community-oriented clinic. The RPN, under the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, functions as a member of the healthcare team to provide basic assessment and treatments, preventative, educational and/or supportive care.
The position requires the RPN to work with independence in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team under the supervision/direction of the Managing Director. He/she is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the clinic by triaging, planning, directing and coordinating all nursing and nursing-related care interventions within the clinic. He/she adapts to changing workloads and promotes collaborative team practice by acting as a resource and communicating effectively with members of the administrative and healthcare team.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Triage and optimize patient flow on an ongoing basis
- Refresh and prepare patient examination rooms before and after patient encounters as required
- Perform specific acts and health teaching under the direction and supervision of an appropriate and authorized physician, including immunization, injections, wound dressings, etc.
- As delegated, conduct health assessments and physical examinations
- Respond to general patient enquiries and help educate patients as per physicians’ directives
- Arrange appropriate follow-up, referrals, and investigations according to established procedures
- Implement physicians’ orders ensuring that patients undertake requisite diagnostic testing. Educate patients as to the purpose and preparation for such tests.
- Liaise with external medical laboratories for the processing of patient samples and receipt of test results
- Communicate test results to patients and external providers as directed by physicians
- Ensure incoming urgent medical results are brought to the attention of the treating physician in an expedient manner
- Triage patient phone calls that require a level of medical expertise beyond the medical administrator’s scope
- Order and monitor inventory of vaccines, medical equipment/supplies and emergency medical supplies as required
- Ensure that the regular inspection, testing, calibration and maintenance of primary health care equipment is completed on an annual basis or as required by the manufacturer
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely records and encounter data in the Electronic Medical System (EMR); participate in chart and case reviews, the development of policies and procedures, and support patient education
- Conduct N95 mask-fitting for new staff and renewals for existing staff as per the expiry date
- Conduct various tasks related to occupational health and safety, such as workplace inspections, presentations on hand hygiene, protective personal equipment, infection control, etc.
- For optimal patient care, work as a team with all staff at Boomerang Health, including front office, rehabilitation administrators and clinicians
- Routinely participate in staff meetings and continuing medical education
- Participate on projects and research as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse and member in good standing
- Minimum 5-years nursing experience working in a community-based primary health care setting
- Maintain up to date CPR certification.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of medical/ laboratory and charting procedures, and current health and safety hazards and preventative practices
- Experience working with children, youth, and families within a culturally diverse community
- Provision of safe, competent and ethical nursing care
- Commitment to best practices, quality client care and working within an inter-disciplinary team
- Commitment to ongoing learning, professional development, and continuous quality improvement
- Proficient and experienced working in a computerized environment, electronic medical record system. Knowledge of OSCAR an asset.
- Demonstrate regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adhere to relevant health and safety procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment and be adaptable, congenial and cooperative with others
- Ability to set own workload priorities and document according to standards
- Advanced problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly, adaptable and tolerant professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
- Register as a “New User” on the SickKids Careers site: https://career.sickkids.ca
- Search for posting ID 13807 and complete the application process
- Please combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document as you cannot upload multiple documents as part of your application
- If you experience technical difficulties please email firstname.lastname@example.org and send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.