Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
- BBDBladder and Bowel Dysfunction
- FSFrench Services
- GCPGeneral & Consulting Paediatrics
- HSHearing Screenings
- HCHeadache Clinic
- MTMassage Therapy
- NPNeurodevelopmental Physiotherapy
- OTOccupational Therapy
- OSPOrthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy
- SWSocial Work
- SLPSpeech-Language Pathology
Psychologist Job Opportunity
Part-Time, with Potential for Full-Time, Position – Virtual
Boomerang Health, powered by SickKids, is a multidisciplinary paediatric clinic, independent but wholly owned by The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids).
SickKids opened Boomerang Health in April 2013, a 10,000 sq. ft. healthcare centre in Vaughan, to provide the York Region community and beyond, with greater access to community-based services for children and adolescents. We are committed to working together, learning and creating an environment where everyone feels safe, represented, included, respected and valued at Boomerang Health. We cannot do this without a strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. As people and healthcare professionals, we stand together against racism and oppression which have a huge impact on the health of the many communities we serve.
We are looking for outstanding Psychologists to join our multi-disciplinary team. A strong applicant is high energy, has a positive attitude and a passion for helping children and families. You will work with a team of professionals dedicated to providing the highest standard of care. This is your chance to join and contribute to a great organization.
- Part-time position, with potential for full-time hours
- Opportunity to work weekends if interested
- Proficiency in using virtual technology for telehealth sessions
- Assesses, diagnoses, and treats learning, behavioural and social-emotional problems within the context of the child’s developmental history and family functioning
- Provides evidence-based therapeutic interventions for childhood anxiety and depression, emotion dysregulation, behavioural difficulties and family conflict.Provides interventions to enhance coping and reduce distress in referred population
- Actively involved in family education initiatives
- Manages a varied caseload and meets required timelines
- Consults with Psychology Team Leader to discuss and explore new initiatives, programs and improvements for department
- Other duties as required
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology, with competencies in assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and families
- Registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Candidates in supervised practice are also encouraged to apply
- Strong proficiency in assessment and evidence-based interventions with children, adolescents, parents, and families
- Experience in treating mental health concerns in a paediatric population preferred
- Evidence-based practice
- Experience with group therapy for children and adolescents an asset
- Utilizes critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to interact with children and adults
- Efficient time management and organizational skills required
For more information or to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Susan Lambert, Program Leader of the Psychology Department at Boomerang Health: email@example.com.