Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
- BBDBladder and Bowel Dysfunction
- FSFrench Services
- GCPGeneral & Consulting Paediatrics
- HSHearing Screenings
- HCHeadache Clinic
- MTMassage Therapy
- NPNeurodevelopmental Physiotherapy
- OTOccupational Therapy
- OSPOrthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy
- OSOrthopaedic Surgery
- SWSocial Work
- SMSports Medicine
- SLPSpeech-Language Pathology
Social Worker Job Opportunity
French Speaking, Part-Time Position
We are a fast growing clinic that is looking for an outstanding Social Worker to join our multi-disciplinary team. A strong applicant is high energy, has a positive attitude and a passion for helping children and families. You will work with a team of professionals dedicated to providing the highest standard of care. This is your chance to join and contribute to a great organization.
- Bilingual in English and French.
- Part-time position, with possibility of full-time hours.
- Opportunity to work on Saturday and/or Sunday if interested.
- Ability to treat common behavioural and socio-emotional issues presenting in children, adolescents, and families.
- Comfortable with providing individual, group and family therapy.
- Provides consultation and recommendations to families, and liaises with referring physicians, Boomerang Health clinicians, school staff and other relevant agencies.
- Provides evidence-based therapeutic interventions for childhood anxiety and depression, emotion dysregulation, behavioural difficulties and family conflict. Provides interventions to enhance coping and reduce distress in referred population.
- Actively involved in family education initiatives.
- Manages a varied caseload and meets required timelines.
- Consults with Team Leader to discuss and explore new initiatives, programs and improvements for department.
- Other duties as required.
- You have a Master’s degree in Social Work and are registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- You have the ability to collaborate effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team and to take initiative and leadership when appropriate.
- You will assume responsibility for all aspects of practice including issues of productivity and utilization.
- You practice in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy of continuous quality improvement and evidence based practice.
- You remain abreast of current literature and relevant developments in clinical practice.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and have demonstrated your ability to utilize your critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and efficient time management are required.
- You demonstrate a belief in life long learning and evidence based practice
- Strong proficiency in evidence-based interventions with children, adolescents, parents, and families.
- Experience in treating mental health concerns in a paediatric population preferred.
- Experience with group therapy for children and adolescents an asset.
- Utilizes critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to interact with children and adults.
- Efficient time management and organizational skills required.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Dr. Susan Lambert, Program Leader of the Psychology and Social Work departments at Boomerang Health – email@example.com.