Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
- BBDBladder and Bowel Dysfunction
- FSFrench Services
- GCPGeneral & Consulting Paediatrics
- HHearing Screenings
- MTMassage Therapy
- NPNeurodevelopmental Physiotherapy
- OTOccupational Therapy
- OSMOrthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- OSPOrthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy
- OSOrthopaedic Surgery
- SWSocial Work
- SLPSpeech-Language Pathology
Registered Practical Nurse Job Opportunity
We are seeking part-time energetic Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) to join our team and provide nursing support to the busy general paediatricians and specialists in our growing, community-oriented clinic. The RPN, under the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, functions as a member of the healthcare team to provide basic assessment and treatments, preventative, educational and/or supportive care.
The position requires the RPN to work with independence in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team under the supervision/direction of the Managing Director. He/she is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the clinic by triaging, planning, directing and coordinating all nursing and nursing-related care interventions within the clinic. He/she adapts to changing workloads and promotes collaborative team practice by acting as a resource and communicating effectively with members of the administrative and healthcare team.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Triage and optimize patient flow on an ongoing basis
- Refresh and prepare patient examination rooms before and after patient encounters as required
- Perform specific acts and health teaching under the direction and supervision of an appropriate and authorized physician, including immunization, injections, wound dressings, etc.
- As delegated, conduct health assessments and physical examinations
- Respond to general patient enquiries and help educate patients as per physicians’ directives
- Arrange appropriate follow-up, referrals, and investigations according to established procedures
- Implement physicians’ orders ensuring that patients undertake requisite diagnostic testing. Educate patients as to the purpose and preparation for such tests.
- Liaise with external medical laboratories for the processing of patient samples and receipt of test results
- Communicate test results to patients and external providers as directed by physicians
- Ensure incoming urgent medical results are brought to the attention of the treating physician in an expedient manner
- Triage patient phone calls that require a level of medical expertise beyond the medical administrator’s scope
- Order and monitor inventory of vaccines, medical equipment/supplies and emergency medical supplies as required
- Ensure that the regular inspection, testing, calibration and maintenance of primary health care equipment is completed on an annual basis or as required by the manufacturer
- Maintain complete, accurate and timely records and encounter data in the Electronic Medical System (EMR); participate in chart and case reviews, the development of policies and procedures, and support patient education
- Conduct N95 mask-fitting for new staff and renewals for existing staff as per the expiry date
- Conduct various tasks related to occupational health and safety, such as workplace inspections, presentations on hand hygiene, protective personal equipment, infection control, etc.
- For optimal patient care, work as a team with all staff at Boomerang Health, including front office, rehabilitation administrators and clinicians
- Routinely participate in staff meetings and continuing medical education
- Participate on projects and research as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse and member in good standing
- Minimum 5-years nursing experience working in a community-based primary health care setting
- Maintain up to date CPR certification.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of medical/ laboratory and charting procedures, and current health and safety hazards and preventative practices
- Experience working with children, youth, and families within a culturally diverse community
- Provision of safe, competent and ethical nursing care
- Commitment to best practices, quality client care and working within an inter-disciplinary team
- Commitment to ongoing learning, professional development, and continuous quality improvement
- Proficient and experienced working in a computerized environment, electronic medical record system. Knowledge of OSCAR an asset.
- Demonstrate regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adhere to relevant health and safety procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment and be adaptable, congenial and cooperative with others
- Ability to set own workload priorities and document according to standards
- Advanced problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly, adaptable and tolerant professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
- Register as a “New User” on the SickKids Careers site: https://career.sickkids.ca
- Search for posting ID 8987 and complete the application process