Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
- BBDBladder and Bowel Dysfunction
- FSFrench Services
- GCPGeneral & Consulting Paediatrics
- HHearing Screenings
- MTMassage Therapy
- NPNeurodevelopmental Physiotherapy
- OTOccupational Therapy
- OSPOrthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy
- OSOrthopaedic Surgery
- SWSocial Work
- SMSports Medicine
- SLPSpeech-Language Pathology
Medical Office Administrator Job Opportunity
Our busy clinic requires an outstanding child-friendly Medical Office Administrator to warmly greet patients and families as they enter our clinic, as well as to support our clinical team of doctors and therapists. This is your chance to join and contribute to a great organization.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the patient’s first impression, when they call to book an appointment or come in for treatment. You will have superior customer service skills and a positive friendly attitude. Overall, you will coordinate patient flow through the clinic, schedule appointments, take payment for services rendered and support the clinical team’s administrative needs. The successful candidate must be available during clinic hours: Mondays through Saturdays 8:30 am to 8:00 pm.
Specifically, you will:
- Greet patients as they arrive and check them in for appointment, including taking payment or OHIP card as required;
- Make patient appointments and manage providers’ schedules to maximize patient appointments;
- Create and maintain patient records in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, containing all consent forms and relevant documentation;
- Prepare billings sheets, charts and referrals for clinical team;
- Check the reception voicemail and email throughout the day and ensure that all calls and emails are returned by the end of the day;
- Receive and send faxes, make photocopies and scan documents;
- Listen openly to patient concerns and address them with professionalism and understanding, and redirect to Managing Director as appropriate;
- Maintain the confidentiality of all patient information to ensure patient privacy is protected at all times;
- Ensure clinic is clean and tidy, including patient waiting areas, family kitchenette and exam rooms;
- Provide general administrative and clerical support, including but not limited to drafting letters and documents, creating reports, copying, filing, faxing, scanning, emailing and scheduling appointments;
- Make recommendations for improving processes and systems; and,
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of three years related healthcare experience in a busy healthcare clinic
- Completion of the Certificate of Medical Office Administration is a strong asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with children and families.
- Superior customer skills are required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Skilful use of computers and software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Experience using an electronic medical record system an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure while remaining calm.
- Must have strong time-management skills and be able to prioritize requests and job duties.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Dependability, punctuality and excellent attendance are essential.
To apply: please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com