Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
- BBDBladder and Bowel Dysfunction
- FSFrench Services
- GCPGeneral & Consulting Paediatrics
- HHearing Screenings
- MTMassage Therapy
- NPNeurodevelopmental Physiotherapy
- OTOccupational Therapy
- OSMOrthopaedic & Sports Medicine
- OSPOrthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy
- OSOrthopaedic Surgery
- SWSocial Work
- SLPSpeech-Language Pathology
Medical Office Administrator Job Opportunity
We are seeking a full-time Medical Office Administrator to join our team. The Medical Office Administrator will report directly to the Managing Director at Boomerang Health, and maintain matrix reporting to the Clinical Manager. He/she will provide administrative and clerical support to the Managing Director in a confidential and professional manner, including calendar management, meeting preparation, event coordination, document creation, and expense management. As a member of the administrative team, he/she will also provide back-up and front-desk support when required.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Managing Director including calendar management, travel arrangements, etc.
- Prepare and coordinate meeting/event requirements and materials (e.g. space, audio/visual, lunches/snacks, agendas, minutes and presentations)
- Provide general administrative and clerical support, including but not limited to drafting correspondence and reports, updating organizational charts and contact lists, etc.
- Track and monitor expenses and invoices, ensure they are approved and processed in a timely manner, submit to accounting for payment, and assist Bookkeeper with reconciliations
- Assist with the tracking and coordination of bank deposits
- Enter and submit time for payroll, including tracking of sick and vacation requests
- Assist with on-boarding and off-boarding requirements of new staff, students, observers and volunteers
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, place orders and confirm receipt of supplies
- Prepare work order requests for preventative and restorative maintenance/repair, and liaise with building maintenance staff/vendors as required
- Track software licenses, contracts and service agreements, ensuring renewals and updates are processed on a timely basis, and service calls are executed as per service agreement schedule
- Assist with front desk absence replacement as required
- Make recommendations for improving processes and systems; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned to support clinic activities
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in medical administrative/assistant role. Community hospital or healthcare clinic experience is preferred
- Completion of the Certificate of Medical Office Administration is a strong asset
- Accounting knowledge and experience is a strong asset
- Experience in using an electronic medical record system
- Highly developed administrative and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- A self-starter willing to take initiative, with proven problem-solving and critical thinking abilities, managing effectively in a dynamic, changing environment
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to comprehend and act on complex and sensitive matters with professional tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with children and families
- Superb ability to collaborate with colleagues and peers
- Desire and ability to take on new and added responsibilities
- Strong communication and grammar skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in the use of computer hardware and software, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of medical terminology is an asset
How to Apply:
- Register as a “New User” on the SickKids Careers site: https://career.sickkids.ca
- Search for posting ID 9363 and complete the application process
- Please combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document as you cannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
- If you experience technical difficulties please email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox, but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.