Call (905) 553-3155 or email for more information
We help find solutions to the management of your child's health and well-being.
- BBDBladder and Bowel Dysfunction
- FSFrench Services
- GCPGeneral & Consulting Paediatrics
- HHearing Screenings
- MTMassage Therapy
- NPNeurodevelopmental Physiotherapy
- OTOccupational Therapy
- OSPOrthopaedic & Sports Physiotherapy
- OSOrthopaedic Surgery
- SWSocial Work
- SMSports Medicine
- SLPSpeech-Language Pathology
Medical Administrator Job Opportunity
Maternity Coverage Part-Time
We are seeking a part-time Medical Administrator to join our team. Reporting to the Clinical Manager, you will be responsible for patients’ and families’ first impression, when they call to book an appointment or come in for treatment. You will have superior customer service skills and a positive friendly attitude. Overall, you will coordinate patient flow through the clinic, schedule appointments, process payment for services rendered and support the clinical team’s administrative needs. The successful candidate must be available during clinic hours: Tuesday-Thursday 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Greet patients and families as they arrive and check them in for their appointment, including processing payment or OHIP card as required.
- Book patient appointments and manage providers’ schedules to maximize patient appointments.
- Create and maintain patient records in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system, containing all consent forms, test results and relevant documentation.
- Prepare billing sheets, charts and referrals for clinical team.
- Check the reception voicemail and email throughout the day and ensure all calls and emails are returned by the end of the day.
- Receive and send faxes, make photocopies and scan documents.
- Listen openly to patient concerns and address them with professionalism and understanding, and redirect to manager as appropriate.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all patient information to ensure patient privacy is protected at all times.
- Ensure clinic is clean and tidy, including patient and family waiting areas, family kitchenette and exam rooms.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support, including but not limited to drafting letters and documents, creating reports, copying, filing, faxing, scanning, emailing and scheduling appointments.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to Director.
- Make recommendations for improving processes and systems.
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of three years related healthcare experience in a busy healthcare clinic
- Completion of the Certificate of Medical Office Administration is a strong asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with children and families.
- Superior customer skills are required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Skillful use of computers and software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Experience using an electronic medical record system is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure while remaining calm.
- Must have strong time-management skills and be able to prioritize requests and job duties.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Dependability, punctuality and excellent attendance are essential.
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.